Are you ready to
follow the horsemen?
The “Following The Horsemen” Tour is a 6-day HIKE or MTB Enduro Expedition following Lesotho’s historic trading routes. Through this journey you will get to know the friendly Basotho people, their daily routines, customs and how rural life is like in Africa’s Mountain Kingdom. Three out of seven nights will be in simple accommodation (one night in a tent and two nights in abandoned trading posts along), the other five nights are in very comfortable mountain lodges. The tour can be booked as follows:
6-day hike, exploring the historic trading routes of the Basotho people on foot.
6-stage MTB Enduro Expedition, riding Africa’s best natural & hard single track.
Arrival at Roma Trading Post Lodge, purchasing of basic supplies & cash withdrawals are possible here. Accommodation & meals: Roma Trading Post Lodge.
Flight or transfer to start of expedition in Semonkong, check-in to Semonkong Lodge and start of circular route to explore the mighty Maletsunyane Falls and the gorge. Accommodation & meals: Semonkong Lodge.
Packing of gear and horses and ride/trek to Thaba Tsoeu (White Mountain). Accommodation & meals: camp spot next to river in a remote valley.
Route from Thaba Tsoeu - Ramabanta via the notorious Baboons Pass (the oldest trading route in this part of the country). Accommodation & meals: Ramabanta Lodge.
Route from Ramabanta up the Makhaleng River valley to the former Trading Post at Ha Simione. Accommodation & meals: tents and meals prepared by the village.
Route from Ha Simione to Nyakosoba, following old and new trading routes between two former Trading Posts. Accommodation & meals: tents and meals prepared by the village.
Explore trading routes as well as Lesotho Sky single track from Nyakosoba to Roma. Accommodation & meals: Roma Trading Post Lodge.
Optional activities, e.g. visit of historical mountain Thaba Bosiu, visit the National Museum in Morija, tour of the National University.
Total distance covered on the Following The Horsemen Route:
By Bike: approx. 150km
On Foot: approx. 120km
All inclusive package details
- Airport pick-up and drop-off in Maseru (or safe parking for your vehicle in Roma)
- Transfer to the start of the expedition
- Experienced Guide from Lesotho with first aid qualification etc.
- Luggage transport (with pack horses and vehicles)
- Lodge accommodation 4 nights (en suite)
- 2 nights in abandoned trading posts (mattress are provided)
- One night in a camp (tent and mattress are provided, please bring your own sleeping bag)
- A visit to the chief’s place in Ha Simione
- Meals (breakfast, lunch packs and dinner)
- Traditional meals cooked by the community
- Clean mountain spring water from the Maluti Mountains
- Alcoholic drinks and soft drinks
- Tips for guide & staff (at your own discretion)
Organised by Sky Adventures, with years of mountain adventure experience in Lesotho.
PRICES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST & DEPENDING ON SEASON AND GROUP SIZE.